Mar. 8, 2023

Collections division

The Court Collections Division is responsible for the collection of time (installment) payment accounts.

Shasta Collections

When an account becomes delinquent, it may be transferred to our delinquent collections program, which is administered by Shasta County Superior Court.  Once an account is transferred to Shasta, you must contact them directly at:

Shasta Collections
P.O. Box 994588
Redding, CA 96099

(530) 225-3772 or
(530) 225-5205


I cannot pay my fines and fees in one payment. Can I make payments? How do I set up payments?

If you would like to make monthly payments, you should contact:

215 Fifth Street, Suite 200 (Windows 1 – 3)
Marysville, CA 95901
(530) 740-1830
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday

A Court Collections Clerk will assess the amount you owe and your ability to make monthly payments, and will then determine the best payment plan for you.

Where do I go to make my payment?

If your account has not been transferred to Shasta Collections, you should contact:

215 Fifth Street, Suite 200 (Windows 1 – 3)
Marysville, CA 95901
(530) 740-1830
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Phone Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday

Who do I talk to if my case has been transferred to Shasta Collections?

If your case has been transferred, you should contact:

P O Box 994588
Redding, CA 96099
(530) 245-6272 or
(530) 225-3772 or
(530) 245-6339 or
(530) 229-8172

What is Shasta Collections?

Shasta Collections is a collection agency operated by Shasta County Superior Court. Both Yuba County Superior Court and the County of Yuba have contracted with Shasta Collections to pursue unpaid delinquent accounts. If you have been referred to Shasta Collections, it is because you either did not pay your fines and fees or you did not abide by a previous payment plan. Once your case has been referred to Shasta Collections, you must deal directly with them.

I don’t have the money to make my payment this month. Can I get an extension? Can I skip this month? Can I pay less this month? Can I get my monthly payments lowered permanently?

Whether your account is being handled by Yuba Court Collections or Shasta Collections, you should contact the Collections Clerk who handles your account for an evaluation of your current situation. Depending upon a variety of factors, the Collections Clerks may be able to help you through this difficult time by adjusting your payment schedule.

I got a Civil Assessment Notice. What is a civil assessment and why do I have to pay it?

California Penal Code § 1214.1 authorizes California courts to “impose a civil assessment of up to $300 against a defendant who fails, after notice and without good cause, to appear in court for any proceeding authorized by law or who fails to pay all or any portion of a fine ordered by the court or to pay an installment of bail as agreed to under Section 40510.5 of the Vehicle Code.”

Yuba County Superior Court implemented its Civil Assessment Program on July 1, 2006 as part of an effort to enforce orders of the court in a more effective and efficient manner.

What are all those fees for and why do I have to pay them?

The amounts set for fees, fines and assessments are not established by the Court. They are either set by the California legislature or by counties or municipalities through local ordinances. The Court simply processes the cases and collects the money, which is then distributed to various state, county and city entities.

I am not guilty, why do I have to pay?

If your case is in Court Collections, you have either never paid or failed to pay your fees and fines. If your case is still in Yuba County, you may be allowed to appear before a Judge to explain any extenuating circumstances. However, once your case has been transferred to Shasta, you should deal directly with Shasta.

Why am I being asked to pay a ticket from so many years ago?

In 2006, Yuba County Superior Court implemented a Comprehensive Collections Program, as defined in Penal Code § 1463.007. As part of the program, Court Collections Clerks pulled every traffic citation and court case that had not been paid, either in full or in part. The Clerks reviewed the cases, determined what money was still due and owing, and sent notices to defendants who had not paid. This program is still in effect and we are still reviewing old files and cases. If you dispute that you owe the money, contact the Court Collections Division. If your case is being handled by Shasta Collections, you must contact them directly.

I got a notice referring to the Franchise Tax Board. What is that all about?

California law allowsthe Court to request the Franchise Tax Board to “intercept” funds owed by the State of California to defendants with delinquent accounts in Yuba County. The documentation provided to the State by the Court states the amount due and owing at that time. If you pay down or pay off an account, we will notify the Franchise Tax Board the following month so that the “intercepted” amount will be reduced. “Intercepted” funds include California state income tax refunds and lottery winnings.

Contact Information

Collections Division Yuba County Superior Court
215 Fifth Street, Suite 200
Marysville, CA 95901
Ph: (530) 740-1830

Office Hours
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday

Division Managers:  Kim Barnard

Quick Links

© 2023 Superior Court of California - County of Yuba